Sunday, May 22, 2011

I told you so...

May 23, 2011


After the media exposure, under the glare of scrutiny, the much publicized end of the world last Saturday, May 21, 2011 didn’t happen. With so many relevant things transpiring in the planet, why would the media pay attention to this usual claim of cults about the end of the world?


Only morons followed the tune and at the end of the music, they are still morons. Unconsciously, there is an inner longing for all of these things to end, for the world to self-destruct – so that suffering and hopelessness might end and everything and everyone else is again equal. Because, like it or not, death is the great equalizer. Rich or poor, moron or genius, when they die, they die. Besides, everybody dies in the long run, no exception. The game now resides whether one had a life worth living, worth remembering and worth celebrating.


I know that the end of the world was never going to occur last Saturday, but at the back of my mind, I was living my life to the fullest and by a long shot that such was the end of the world then I could sit back and celebrate my life and say to myself, life was worth it…


The world is going to end one day or my impending death might come first, but at any rate, I’d say, bring it on… No amount of worrying would stall its imminent visit anyway. My wish is for everyone to die as men. No tears of joy but tears of celebration for a life well spent and death well lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment